Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cancer

I have had that "C" word in my life way too much and I know it's not done. The biggest intrusion it made was when my dad was diagnosed and died from it. Before that I had a cousin that wasn't very old die of breast cancer. I've had some skin cancer myself. Since my dad died my cousin Doyle passed away from prostate cancer, his daughter in-law died from cancer, my cousin RL died of cancer. Several family members won the battle.

But now again it's staring me in the face. My best girlfriend Kolene is fighting her 4th bought of breast cancer. It's taking a real toll on her this time. It worries me. Thankfully she has such a great outlook on life. I wish I lived closer so I could be of more help to her.

My best friend and lover Doyle has throat cancer. He doesn't drink, smoke or use tobacco and never has. It's basically from that horrible virus we all probably carry. HPV. They think it's laid dormant for years. But because it's from the virus not the other, it's got a 85% cure rate. This is good!! Now just waiting for a surgery schedule. I honestly think this has brought us even closer. I think he sees that I'm sticking by and not running for the hills. It's gonna be a long haul, but should be good at the end. At least it doesn't end like all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment