Sunday, January 1, 2012

Favorite New Years Eve.

The last couple days I have been thinking about my favorite New Years Eve's in the past. The more I thought about it, I've not had very many to brag about, but I do have a few good ones.

In Ely, Nv where I grew up, they have Fireman's Ball on every New Years Ev that my parents attended. I remember them coming home with the hats and horns and I used to wish I was old enough to go. They would dress up so nice and it seemed like they had such a great time. When I was finally old enough to go I didn't live in Ely but my husband (at the time) and I went back a couple times and went, then u went a time or 2 after my divorce. They were always a lot of fun, seeing old friends and stuff. I'm not sure if they even have the ball any more or not?

When I was raising the girls we would hang at my sisters and have a few drinks and watch movies. My girls loved those New Years Eve's the most.

My favorite that comes to mind I believe was the in coming 2005. My friend Chuck owned a bar in the little town at the base of the Ruby Mountains. He usually hosted a New Years Eve party at the bar. That afternoon I was in having lunch with some family. I told him I wouldn't come out unless he'd be there as well. He said he would and we had a great time. Yes, we drank a lil to much, but made new friends, had laughs with old friends and danced a lot. After the new year he and I broke a 13 year agreement of not crossing the line. The next morning we had breakfast and went our separate ways. We are still good friends and have crossed the line a few other times. But that one night was very special.

Now being with My boyfriend we haven't had a New Years Eve really. He's gone to bed early both times. Granted, this year he is sick. Thankfully Heather, my daughter was here so I wasn't alone like last year. I think I'm do for a grand New Years Eve. I have a year to figure out what that might be!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember one Fireman's Ball we double dated for. You fixed me up with Andy M...the rest escapes me. He was from Lund. He was very sweet and did kiss me....which was interesting...and even sent me a birthday card. Did you know we saw each other a couple of times after that? Then it fizzled. See what you did? You almost kept me in Ely!

    ReplyDelete