Saturday, November 19, 2011

Smells and Memories

Because of my boyfriend, our house has had a lot of yummy smells which in turn caused a lot of wonderful memories.  He's a great baker, he makes a Kahlua cake that is unforgettable.  But, lately he's been making bread pudding and cinnamon rolls.  It's a complete wonder why I'm not 400lbs, but if he keeps it up, I will be!  But the cinnamon rolls and the bread pudding smell like my moms, and a couple of my aunts houses.  I remember my aunt Doris's and aunt Tez's kitchens always have those yummy baking smells.  Aunt Doris is still alive and and aunt Tez has been gone a long time.  You can still walk into Aunt Doris's house and smell freshly baked something.  It makes me feel like home like my mom is still around, she quite making this stuff when I was little but I remember how comforting it was having those smells. 

Mom always made her own egg noodles for chicken noodle soup, so now I'm trying to make it today and yup, smells like mom has been in the kitchen all day.  I sure hope it tastes as good as moms..  These smells seems like she is right here these days with me.  Honestly I've not felt her presents since she passed away, but lately I feel her often, maybe due to the smells.  It sure feels good to have these smells and the memorise that come with them.

I miss you mom and ALL my aunts!

No comments:

Post a Comment