Friday, August 19, 2011

The Boyfriend

I was single for about 13 years before I started really dating, I had a few boyfriends here and there and one I lived with for about 6 months before Doyle. Between the one for 6 months and Doyle there was another year of not dating. So I have been single a long time, I've gotten set in my ways I guess one would say. Now in a relationship of about a year and half I'm realizing compromise and the work a relationship takes is some times very overwhelming. But honestly I don't think I really want to go back to the single life. I probably could if I had to, but don't want to. The things I've learned in this last year and half and really would like to know if this is every man or is my Doyle a one of a kind? This man has mood swings worse than a woman I swear. We go through these cycles were he is Mr Happy and we go do stuff in the weekends and evening and then there are other times where he's cranky and wants to sleep all the time. I get some of his mood swings usually weigh around our sexual life. When there is a lot of sex he's a happy dude, when there isn't he's a cranky dude. Oh and the silence kills me. You ask the man a question and he doesn't answer, it's like he ignores you. Some times it's just simple things like "what you want for dinner?" I know her heard me, he just chooses to ignore me. Or when you walk in the door from long day at work and he's already here you say, "Hi Honey!", no freaking reply. This totally drives me insane. But, then later while cooking dinner he'll sneak up behind me and lightly touch my side or my face scaring the crap right out of me. What is this?? Why is he like this? Last week my 2 daughters and my grandson was here and he was so rude to them and didn't speak to them. Yelled at my grandson when he was being loud but that was it. I'm very close to his kids and try to be all the time. In fact we go on vacation with his kids and spouses or significant others. Why does he act like an ass to my children? These last few months he's stop saying, "I love you" all together. Its like I have to beg to get a hug and then it's 1/2 assed. I also beg for kisses most of the time. We used to be the most cuddling couple I've ever seen in bed, we slept in a twin bed for the 1st 3 months we were together, and now in the king size bed we never touch hardly ever. I want to say yes, these are signs that maybe he's cheating on me or he doesn't love me, but I don't think either is the case. He never has time really to have an affair unless it's in the mornings after I leave for work? He loves me, I can tell by some of the things he does for me or just some actions other than these other things are loving actions, just not what I would like. I have been scared though to ask why he doesn't tell me he loves me though. One day I'll say something. He'll be home from work soon so I guess I'll go for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment