Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Youngest Daughter

My youngest daughter is my sunshine I swear. She's 20 years old going to school to be a Geologist. Its strange, she's always known what she wanted to be her whole life almost. She's always picked up rocks, loved listening to her aunt tell her how mountains were made and stuff. Those two had conversations her whole life about geology type stuff. I think she's probably the only child I know that always knew what she wanted out of her life. Now, she isn't sure when she gets out of school what her next step is, but she has a while to figure that out. I do know it will be playing in the dirt somewhere!
It seems that her and I are the closest out of my two daughters these last few years. But, we've not always had a close relationship. At the age of 16 she started to listen to her dad more and he fed her a lot of bull crap, so she fought me till I gave up and let her move with her dad. Now, she realizes the mistakes and what kind a person her dad is. She still loves her dad and wants hm to be a part of her life, but her and I are closer now more than ever. I have some of my friends tell me how jealous they are of our relationship. She tells me everything (I think, lol). We talk daily via text messages and/or phone calls. I miss her if I don't hear from her.
She just left today after being here for the weekend and we went fishing out at our cabin at the Ruby Marshes. I already miss her. School starts for her tomorrow, so next trip home will be the holidays. It's not like she's thousands of miles away, she's only something like 300 miles away, so I can go see her for the weekend. She lives in my best friends home paying rent. They are a mormon family so they keep her in line and an eye on her. Less for me to worry about her.
Heather is so much fun to be around. She always is smiling and fun to be around. Silly giggly type person. Everyone wants to hang out with her cause she's so happy. She does have mini melt downs here and there and when she does it can be bad. But the most part she is so fun loving and silly and a blessing to be around. Her saying is, "The key to life is Happiness". Which is tattooed across her back.
I'm so proud of my Heather! Love you my daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment